New York Hotel Reviews
Before you make the decision to stay at Hotel Wales, see what others have said about their time here in our New York hotel reviews. Read on for an insider’s look into what you can expect at our elegant hotel near Central Park.
NYC Hotel Reviews for Hotel Wales
- This was our 3rd time staying here. Our last stay here was about 10 years ago. We stayed on the 9th floor in a suite. I had read reviews that said the hotel was noisy. We did not have this problem. We stayed from Thursday to Sunday. I was able to sleep soundly. The room was clean. As was the bathroom and side room. I will stay here again. Also, staff was very warm and welcoming. Nov 2013.
- My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Wales and found it to be a very pleasant stay. There are great restaurants right outside the door, the lounge with free coffee and tea is spacious and comfortable and the rooms are pleasant. It reminded me of staying in Europe. We would definitely stay there again. Oct 17, 2013.
- I stayed at the hotel Wales for four nights and my stay was excellent. The rooms were very clean and the location was perfect. I was walking distance from the train and I had no problem getting around the city. The staff was very professional. Frank was extremely helpful and he made my stay at the hotel Wales an excellent experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you’re staying in the city. Oct 2013.
- Stayed at the Wales for 3 nights and we loved every second of it. Rosalyn was extremely friendly and welcoming upon checking time. The hotel has a very elegant and a pleasant old feel to it. We loved the rooftop terrace, we were taken a back from the gorgeous view. The mezzanine level offers 24 hours coffee and tea, which was very convenient. Alex, was also very knowledgeable and recommended the Atlantic Grill restaurant for some good seafood, we also tried Paola's restaurant around the corner from the hotel for really good Italian. We highly recommend the Wales & are looking forward to our return. Oct 2013.
- We had to plan a trip to NY within a 2 week timeframe. I knew I didn't want to stay down by Times Square, but had no idea where a quiet area was. We had a last minute recommendation and we lucked out. Our little boutique hotel had the right amount of updating to be charming and relaxing. Our jaws dropped when we stepped into our room which had a kitchenette, living room with a fireplace and a comfy king bed suite. There was a beautifully appointed 24 hour meeting area. There were 6 restaurants on the same block and we ate in 3. All great with the final breakfast at Sarabeth’s. Central Park and museum row were within 2 blocks. The rooftop terrace was incredible and was used nightly for our wine and cheese re paste with amazing views of Central Park and the Skyline and the reservoir. We don't need another place, we found our paradise. Sept 2013.
- The service was very good, professional and warm. We were on vacation in NY but my husband had a stroke so my daughter and I had to stay at deferent hotels for more than one month while my husband staying at rehab places. We stayed at Hotel Wales more than two weeks. The front desk people were always very nice and helpful. I'd like to mention Rosalyn and Katheryn who always asked me how's my husband doing and willing to help. Housekeeping stuff were very nice as well. There are many restaurants around. My favorite one is the Italian restaurant called Paola's. Sept 2013.
- Wonderful experience, unexpected room upgrade, Rosalyn at front desk is a fantastic resource for concierge service and a true asset to the hotel. Excellent business center, beautiful rooftop garden, great location near central park. Overall an exquisite experience in the Big Apple. Aug 2013.
- A family member underwent surgery at Mt. Sinai and the Mt. Sinai materials recommended Hotel Wales as one of the options for family members staying in town, noting it was the closest (within walking distance, about 8 blocks). The suites are spacious and were perfectly comfortable for family members taking a break from the hospital, and a place for kids to spend time while adults visited. The sofa sleeper was amazingly comfortable, and the room service delicious. Most importantly, the staff was incredible. Their attentiveness and demeanor were exactly what we needed during this stressful time. 24 hour coffee/tea in the lounge was great. Breakfast/lunch at Yura's on Madison and 92nd was delicious and so reasonable. Aug 2013
- I love a good shower when I travel. The bathrooms in this hotel take up half the room, which is 100% okay with me. The rooms are small, but for business near the Medical Center, this place is ideal, internet was fast, the room served its purpose well, providing me with a quiet secure area and a great night’s sleep. Aug 2013.
- My Stay At The Hotel Was Fabulous The Staff Was Very Caring And Accommodating. They Went Above And Beyond To Help Make My Trip Enjoyable During A Difficult Time. Catheryn Was Exceptionally Gracious. Aug 2013.
- We spent a night at the Hotel Wales, on the Upper East Side. Both our room and the hotel itself were spotless. We were very pleasantly surprised by the size of the bathroom, as well. The hotel is NOT new, but it is not expensive either, for its genre. We had dinner at Paola's and breakfast at Sarabeth's, the two restaurants affiliated with the hotel: both were excellent. The hotel has a very nice, comfortable lounge-style room where you can drink hot tea or coffee 24/7. The decaf in the evening and the coffee in the morning were both delicious, with real cream/milk. For the price and convenience, this place cannot be beat. July 27, 2013.
- Hotel Wales is within comfortable walking distance of Central Park and Museum Mile (especially the Met and the Guggenheim), two of my primary interests in traveling to New York. It's out of the Midtown hustle and bustle--but it's still easy to get anywhere in New York from the hotel--short walks to subway stations and bus stops, and a constant stream of cabs going down Madison Avenue in front of the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. With their summer promotion, the price was excellent. I'll go back. July 2013.
- Very nice hotel over 100 years old, fabulous Upper East Side location, blocks from museums and Central Park. Staff is helpful and very courteous. Some very nice restaurants in the area too, including one attached to the hotel. July 2013.
- Our son goes to Mt Sinai and we have tried a few hotels that were not very well located. On this trip we happen to find Hotel Wales and thought the price for this area was worth a try. We had a very nice stay and were pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms were considering the price. We did not have any problems to report to the staff and found them very pleasant and attentive to making sure we were happy. We will definitely stay here again. June 2013.