New York Hotel Reviews
Before you make the decision to stay at Hotel Wales, see what others have said about their time here in our New York hotel reviews. Read on for an insider’s look into what you can expect at our elegant hotel near Central Park.
NYC Hotel Reviews for Hotel Wales
- The bathroom was lovely and spacious with a wonderful shower. The location was close to Central Park for walking and running, the subway a couple of blocks away, and there were lots of small local restaurants on the block, frequented by the locals. Sarabeth’s next door had excellent breakfast. I also liked the lounge on the second floor. I have stayed in a few other locations in New York and really liked this the best. Would happily return with my family. May 2, 2013
- Darling little hotel in a great neighborhood. Our corner suite was quite comfortable, with a lovely view of the Central Park reservoir. Staff was knowledgeable and very helpful. Free coffee service on mezzanine. Subway, museums and plenty of great food within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again. May 1, 2013
- Found on the internet in order to visit NY in 4 days with my family. It turned out to be a very quiet hotel in a residential area and close to Central Park. Well located to start the days in a easy way with a walk in the Park before heading off to downtown NY. The suite was perfect for our family and the rooftop restaurant facility should be nice in summertime. April 29, 2013.
- The event at the hotel was perfect in every way. The signage was handsome and appropriate, and the room looked beautiful. The hotel staff was cooperative and couldn't have been nicer. Of course, the food was fabulous (and doggy bags were available!). Guests new to the hotel were very impressed. June 25, 2012
- Very small, quaint, clean and perfect. Central park is a block away in a very calm UES area surrounded by great restaurants and cafes.....Highly reccommend. June 18, 2012
- Lovely Hotel with "old world" charm, impeccably maintained. Great staff, fabulous restaurants. King Suite allows a very nice sitting area. All furnishings complement the historic nture and style of Hotel Wales. May 20, 2012
- Staff was fantastic. My appreciation and gratitude for such a lovely home away from home. May 7, 2012
- We will return to this Hotel. The location, the proximity to the Museums, Central Park, fine dining and shopping and the friendly,helpful staff all made it most inviting. It was easy to hail a cab and we liked the extended stay/checkout option until 3p for a small fee. Our Queen room was small but very comfortable ,the bathroom updated and the shower the best! April 18, 2012
- Thank you so much for the enjoyable stay. Services was beyond excellent, housekeepers or any work staff were impeccable with consideration and outgoing. I love this hotel. April 12, 2012
- We would like to compliment the Hotel Wales staff for providing us a most wonderful stay. My husband is working in N.Y. temporarily and "The Wales" is a perfect place to stay. Your facility and staff met our needs perfectly. April 12, 2012
- It's a boutique hotel which I love. It's is super clean, the room and bathrooms are a decent size for NYC. The staff are terrific, very friendly, professional and curteous. April 6, 2012
- I have been coming to the Hotel Wales for the past 15 years due to business trips and it's been a home away from home. The staff is marvelous and the location is great - nearby museums and in the center of Carnegie Hill Neighbors.
- I can't say enough for this little gem of a hotel. Built in the early 1900s, it is perfect for anyone exploring the Upper East Side of New York.
- We celebrated our 15th Anniversary - the hotel totally lived up to our expectations. We had a beautiful suite, the staff was more than gracious and when they heard it was our anniversary, they delivered a beautiful rose to our room. The room was beautifully decorated and we loved it.
- Ideally situated for visiting the museums, Central Park, or east side cultural events, the Hotel Wales is attractive and comfortable- at a good price for the Upper East Side.
- I really enjoyed my stay at the Wales. It is located in a nice quiet non-tourist area. Central Park is only a couple blocks away (I recommend the track around the reservoir for any joggers). The Guggenheim and Metropolitan Museum of Art are within walking distance. The 86th and 96th Street subway stations are also within walking distance.