New York Hotel Reviews
Before you make the decision to stay at Hotel Wales, see what others have said about their time here in our New York hotel reviews. Read on for an insider’s look into what you can expect at our elegant hotel near Central Park.
NYC Hotel Reviews for Hotel Wales
- This is a nice hotel if you need to be in the upper east area. There are not many other places around there. The rooms are OK but nothing too fancy. Some rooms are very small. We had to get a suite to have some space. Rooms on Madison are also a bit noisy so be careful. They have coffee on the second floor instead of coffee makers in the room. Nice staff. Good restaurants nearby. I think there are better deals around for apartment places, but this is a good hotel. • Stayed March 2014.
- Great service, the front desk can get you anything you want, cars, newspaper, reservations, suggestions for restaurants. Nice restaurant for breakfast and lunch right in the hotel ground floor and many good restaurants within walking distance. Near many museums and galleries. Comfortable and spacious rooms. Will go back again on the next trip. • Stayed March 2014.
- First time staying in the UES. Hotel Wales is a very good option. Room was spacious, 2nd floor 24/7 complimentary coffee and tea is a very nice touch. Staff was excellent and always willing to help. Special call out to Catherine at the front desk. She did a great job making us feel like we were regular guests. Would definitely choose Hotel Wales on next visit to NYC. Stayed March 2014.
- A great place to get back to after a busy day. Our room was small but well appointed, the bathroom fresh and spa-like. The staff could not have been nicer. The location on the Upper East Side is perfect for the park, shopping, and lots of restaurants. Valet parking is a real plus. Stayed March 2014.
- The room was perfectly clean and the bed and pillows comfortable. Front desk staff and bellman were perfect. Location was ideal for us as we needed to be at Mount Sinai. Neighborhood is lovely. This is an older property and like most NYC hotels of this vintage nothing is bigger than it needs to be and the carpets are a bit worn but everything is clean and comfy and our room was nice and quiet. Will be back next week. • Stayed March 2014.
- I traveled to NY for a three night stay, which turned into four because of a cancelled flight. The welcome was warm and efficient, and having to extend my stay was no problem at all. Coffee and tea is available free of charge on the mezzanine floor 24h a day, which came in very handy for a jet-lagged traveler with lots of work to get through in her room in preparation for a lecture. All of the staff very nice and helpful; couldn't be better. Excellent restaurants, a good food market and a bank with 24h ATMs a few steps from the hotel. Room on the small side and giving out onto the internal light shaft, so no views, but also no traffic noise. Stayed March 2014.
- My husband and I recently were at the Hotel Wales. We were in NYC to attend a museum opening. Upon check in with Catheryn, smooth check in, warm welcome and upon seeing Khan and later saying hello to Rosalyn, we were "home". When we were in the planning stages of the trip, a number of our friends asked where we were staying and we said Hotel Wales..long story, made short, about 15 of our friends also were at the Hotel Wales. Including the Governor of Dalarna (a province in Sweden), like one of our states. My husband and I are grateful to these three representatives of the Hotel Wales. They were amazing. When they realized that I was traveling six weeks after having a spinal fusion, they went out of their way to help. Additionally, they truly represent the public face of the Hotel Wales, professional and knowledgable. The welcome was sincere and warm. “Consistently Positive Experience” Stayed February 24, 2014.
- If you need to stay in NY and are by yourself, this is a perfect place: cozy and accessible with SaraBeth downstairs for a fantastic breakfast. Had to go to NY this week unexpectedly - the hotel found me a room that night (in the midst of a big storm) and were as helpful as could be. The rooms are small but clean and cozy. This is not a "high end" super modern NY hotel - but it is very clean, very friendly and has a homey feel which is unusual for NY. I have stayed in some of the top NY hotels (Waldorf Towers, Soho Grand, the Plaza and more) - but in all honesty, I enjoyed my stay better here. If you are in NY and just want to a have a low key pleasant experience this is the place for you. By the way, my best friend had just stayed here with her two young boys and she enjoyed the experience equally! Stayed February 2014.
- Our son and daughter-in-law just moved to the Upper East Side, and we weren't familiar with hotels in the neighborhood. We really lucked out, discovering the Hotel Wales. What a gem! The entire hotel has great personality and charm! The staff is very friendly, the room is nicely appointed and a nice size for New York City, with a spacious bathroom, and the neighborhood is great. We have found the perfect place to stay when we come to visit! • Stayed January 2014.
- We stayed at the Hotel Wales from 27th December '13 for 4 nights. We had booked the Madison Avenue corner Suite, and the room was beautiful and bed really comfy. There were plenty of soft towels in the spacious bathroom. There was no real road noise and the view from our room overlooking Central Park was stunning. The staff are great, very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. There are lot of restaurants close by, and we loved the 3 Guys restaurant for breakfast. We had a wonderful trip, and will definitely stay here again next time we visit. Thank you for making our first trip to New York so memorable. Stayed December 2013.
- This hotel is situated in one of the nicest neighborhoods in NYC. It's charming in an old world kind of way. It's family friendly and has Sara Beth's for the best breakfast we know just downstairs off lobby! We stayed in a suite for three nights over Christmas as our daughter had moved into the neighborhood. The staff was warm and welcoming and accommodating. The suites are huge for NYC! • Stayed December 2013.
- I cannot say enough about our first family trip to New York City to celebrate Christmas! The staff of the Hotel Wales was incredibly friendly and the room was perfect for our family and from what I understand uncharacteristically large for Manhattan. It was clean and comfortable, and the location was absolutely perfect in the middle of the Upper East Side. There were many great restaurants on our block and a couple of markets next door. We walked to Central Park many times and the subway was nearby to get us into the madness of downtown (and more importantly back to the solitude of this area). When we return, we will definitely go back to this hotel. It was absolutely perfect! Room Tip: Go with the "suite" if you have children. The pull out bed is new and unlike any I've... See more room tips • Stayed December 2013.