Among the Best Hotels Upper East Side, NYC has to Offer
Hotel Wales FAQs
As we are among the best hotels Upper East Side, NYC can offer, we hope to provide a memorable experience for all guests to Hotel Wales. Please refer to the following frequently asked questions as a guide to your New York City vacation. If you have any immediate questions, please feel free to contact us.
Learn more about gem among boutique Upper East Side hotels below.
- Does the hotel offer parking service?
- What are the estimated NYC travel time and taxi fares from the major airports?
- Is the hotel pet-friendly?
- What dining options are near the hotel?
- Are there late night dining options nearby?
- Does Hotel Wales offer complimentary breakfast?
- Does the hotel offer luggage storage after check-out?
- What is the fax number for guests?
- What is the standard check-in time? Do you offer early check-in?
- When is check-out? Do you provide late check-out?
- Do you have connecting rooms?
- Do rooms include showers and/or bathtubs?
- How large are the rooms at Hotel Wales?
- What view does each room offer?
- Is the hotel near transportation?
- Do you have a fitness center?
- How close is the hotel to Midtown?
- Do you provide New York City travel guides, maps, and current events literature at the hotel?
- Can we book theater tickets, coordinate restaurant reservations and reserve bus tours with the concierge at the front desk?
- Are there movie theaters close to the hotel?
A: Yes, we provide valet parking. You can bring the car to the front of the hotel/loading zone and we'll valet the car in our garage. Effective 9/28/17, the valet fee is $57 per 24 hours, $67 for over-sized vehicles; and $10 for each in-and-out of the vehicles.
A: LaGuardia Airport (LGA): 30 minutes, approximately $30
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK): 45 minutes, $45 flat fee
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR): One hour-plus, approximately $75
A: Yes. We charge a non-refundable fee of $25 per pet, per night up to 40 lbs, and $50 per pet over 60 lbs.
A: Our block is home to seven restaurants. They include American, Italian, French, Indian, Intercontinental, and light lunch take-out. Most nearby restaurants are open for lunch and dinner. Sarabeth's East opens at 8 am for room service and breakfast. All kitchens will close at approximately 9:30 pm.
A: Yes. Third Avenue (a 10-minute walk away) has restaurants that remain open until midnight or 1 am. Some restaurants in the area are open 24 hours – our front desk can provide menus for delivery.
A: The hotel does not provide free breakfast. We do offer complimentary coffee and tea 24 hours per day, and Sarabeth's East serves delicious breakfast fare.
A: Yes, we do provide secure luggage storage, up to 24 hours.
A: Check-in is after 3 pm. If you require an early check- in, additional charges may apply (Based on availability).
A: Check-out is 11 am. Check-out after 1 pm a half of the daily rate, check out after 3 pm a full night’s cost of a daily rate.
A: We have only a few connecting rooms. Contact the front desk directly to confirm. Availability cannot be guaranteed, but they are usually available.
A: All of our classic standard rooms with the double or queen beds have showers. Several of our suites have bathtubs. If having a bathtub is a necessity, please speak to the front desk to make arrangements.
A: The classic queen room is approximately 220 square feet. Suites are 450 square feet.
A: Most of the classic standard rooms do not offer views, as they sit on the interior of the building. Several of our standard rooms do have views from the back of the building. Incoming guests can inquire further at the front desk. All of the suites face Madison Avenue and have views of the city. Central Park can be seen from higher floors.
A: Yes. Several buses in the immediate area can take you uptown, downtown, and crosstown. The subway line is a 10-minute walk away on Lexington Avenue (86 Street & 96 Street). This is the green line, which runs uptown and downtown: The 4 and 5 trains run express and the 6 train runs locally. Please see the front desk for additional New York travel tips and maps available.
A: We do. It is accessible with a key card 24 hours per day. It features a treadmill, bike, elliptical machine and free weights.
A: Hotel Wales is located approximately 45 blocks (two miles) north of Midtown East. With a taxi ride, it is about 10 minutes. Please see the front desk for additional New York travel tips.
A: Yes, all New York City travel guides, maps, and periodicals are updated and complimentary.
Q: Can we book theater tickets, coordinate restaurant reservations and reserve bus tours with the concierge at the front desk?
A: Yes, please contact our team at email@example.com any time to build your NYC travel itinerary.
A: Yes, three theaters are located within a 10-minute walk of the hotel. We can provide NYC travel directions and print out schedules at the front desk.