A Charming Choice Among Hotels Near NYU
Visit a Top Research University
With campus buildings found throughout much of Midtown Manhattan and Greenwich Village, New York University is one of the largest private universities in the United States. This prestigious school currently boasts an enrollment of around 50,000 people, an impressive student body that thrives on the dynamic culture of New York City. Hotel Wales is proud to host prospective students, families, and alumni at our Carnegie Hill hotel.
Apart from its downtown buildings, New York University also claims several renowned institutes and academic centers on the Upper East Side. A comfortable choice among hotels near NYU, Hotel Wales is just a short distance from The Institute for the Study of the Ancient World (ISAW), James B. Duke House, and Stephen Chan House (CHAN). Additional NYU facilities can be easily accessed via the 6 subway train at the nearby 96 Street Station.
To book our top pick among NYU hotels, contact our reservations desk today.
Directions to the Washington Square Campus
From Hotel Wales by car:
- Head north on Madison Avenue toward E 94th Street
- Turn right on E 94th Street and continue to 2nd Avenue
- Turn right on 2nd Avenue to E 92nd Street
- Take E 92nd Street to FDR Drive
- Take FDR Drive to E 25th Street, take Exit 7
- Continue on E 25th Street to 2nd Avenue
- Turn left on 2nd Avenue and continue to E 3rd Street
- Turn right on E 3rd Street and continue to Washington Square
From Hotel Wales by subway:
- Walk north on Madison Avenue toward E 95th Street
- Turn right on E 95th Street and continue to Lexington Avenue
- Turn left on Lexington Avenue and enter the 96th Street subway station
- Take the 6 train going downtown toward Brooklyn Bridge - City Hall
- Stay on 11 stops and exit at Astor Place Station
- Walk along Astor Place toward Broadway
- Turn left on Broadway toward W 4th Street
- Turn right on W 4th Street and continue to Washington Square